A free class offered at Triangle-area Babies “R” Us locations!
Part of our goal at Postpartum Education and Support is making sure the public and especially expectant women and couples better understand postpartum mood disorders.
Our one-session class is offered monthly at Babies “R” Us locations around the Triangle. This class is geared towards expectant mothers and their partners, as well as parents of newborns. Staff and volunteers of Postpartum Education and Support proivde information and lead discussion on the following topics:
- Expectations of birth, motherhood/parenthood, and life with baby.
- The “baby blues” and other common emotional responses to childbirth.
- Symptoms of postpartum depression and anxiety.
- Creating a personalized postpartum plan.
- Practical tips on managing family and visitors, menu planning, self care, household organization and caring for older siblings.
Summer/fall dates and location:
February 22nd – Durham (7001 Fayetteville Road — Renaissance Center, Durham, NC 27713)
March 21st – Raleigh (7810 Poyner Pond Cir — Raleigh, NC 27616)
April 18th – Durham
May 16th – Raleigh
June 20th – Durham
July 18th – Raleigh
August 15th – Durham
September 19th – Raleigh
October 17th – Durham
November 21st – Raleigh
December 19th – Durham
For more details about upcoming class dates and locations, see Babies R Us.
In The Media